- What are the dates of LIYSF?
- What does it cost to go to LIYSF?
- How many students will be chosen to go to LIYSF?
- What is Youth Science Canada’s involvement in LIYSF?
- Am I eligible and how do I express my interest in attending LIYSF?
What are the dates of LIYSF?
LIYSF 2024 will be held 24th July to 7th August 2024.
The 24th July is an arrivals day, you should try to get a flight arriving before 4pm to London (Heathrow is the easiest). However, it is still ok if you arrive later in the day. We can offer accommodation (at extra cost) for 23th July – for example if flights arrive very late in the evening/night, it’s a good idea to come a day earlier.
The 7th August is our departure day, you are free to leave at any time on this day. You must check out from your bedroom before 10am, but bags can be left in the bag store if you wish to leave later.
What does it cost to go to LIYSF?
- In-person program fee of £3,095 GBP, per student. Fee covers:
- 14 nights’ accommodation in South Kensington, central London,
- All meals throughout including, breakfast, lunch and dinner,
- 10 main lecture demonstrations, including lecture from Nobel Prize winner
- 4 day visits to best UK university departments, laboratories and research centres (choice from a wide range of visits – 50+ including at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, with travel included)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions across a wide range of STEM subjects, such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice from 32 lectures)
- Active social programme with 10 programmed activities (international cabaret, debates, quizzes, treasure hunts, disco)
- Opportunity to present a research project in our non-competitive Science Bazaar event (ran like a PhD project event)
- Certificate upon completing the programme (extra certificate if you present a project at our science bazaar)
- Fee does not include;
- Return flights (program runs Wednesday to Wednesday to help get better fares)
- Airport transfers (but can be arranged for small extra cost)
- Optional excursions (limited free time and can join us for extra excursions to eg. London Eye, Stonehenge, West End Theatre Show)
- The participation fee/charge of the LIYSF VIRTUAL STEM programme is £325.00 GBP per student. Fee covers:
- 10 main lecture demonstrations, with Nobel Prize winner lecture.
- Selection of scientific visit content.
- On-demand access to view content throughout the event, watch later and access available for 2 months after the event.
- Networking element included in the platform with a networking carousel and post-lecture lounges for participants to meet each other, talk about the programme and debate topics raised.
- Live chat – all sessions have a live chat with our LIYSF staff moderators able to answer questions and will propose questions to lecturers to be addressed in the lecture
- Certificate upon completing the programme.
How many students will be chosen to go to LIYSF?
Youth Science Canada, as the official national organizer for Canada, is able to send up to 35 students to the London International Youth Science Forum in 2024. Virtual visitors are subject to approval by the LIYSF organizing committee.
What is Youth Science Canada’s involvement in LIYSF?
Youth Science Canada, as the official national organizer for Canada, is solely responsible for the collection of interest, and subsequent selection, of up to 35 students to represent Canada at the London International Youth Science Forum. After the selections have been made, and the names given to the LIYSF organizing committee, all further interactions will be done directly between the students & the LIYSF organizing committee. Youth Science Canada will not be involved in any payment or travel arrangements, and will not be providing a chaperone to accompany students to London.
Am I eligible and how do I express my interest in attending LIYSF?
For all eligibility requirements & for further information on the application process, please refer to TC-LIYSF Eligibility & Application.