Call for CWSF TV Content
CWSF TV is three hours of video programming streamed on each of the three public viewing days for the Canada-Wide Science Fair. Nine hours of programming is hosted by CWSF alumni and focuses on four themes: STEM in action, hands-on STEM, featured alumni and our regions.
Ask: We are looking to secure content from STEM organizations, post-secondary education institutions, and non-profit groups. Ideally this content would be created for the purposes of being on CWSF TV. Content that has previously been developed is appreciated as well but where possible we would love it to include an opening/closing segment that tailors it to CWSF TV.
Types of content we are looking for:
- Showcasing STEM innovation
- Exploring STEM careers & opportunities
- Underrepresented groups in STEM (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Women)
- CWSF Alumni at work
- Youth STEM project “stories” from YSC regions
- Encouraging STEM engagement (i.e., demonstrations, “Try this at home”, etc.)
- Behind the scenes at research/engineering labs and facilities, science centres, museums etc.
- Science communication skills and content
- French or bilingual content
Length: We are looking for 5, 10 and 15 minute segments. If you have a longer piece, reach out and we can discuss how we might be able to use it.
- 500+ Finalists – Canada’s top young scientists
- 100+ Delegates – Adult chaperones who support and supervise the finalists
- 50,000+ students, teachers and public visitors. In 2021, over 50,000 teachers and students registered to participate in virtual field trips where one of the elements was CWSF TV.
Example: Click the link to download the CWSF-TV 2021 Program Guide.
Interested? Click the link to submit an Expression of Interest.
Deadline to submit expression of interest: February 15, 2022
Note: You can connect early with your submission details and submit the video later.