CWSF 2022 Ambassador Program: Call for Applications
Youth Science Canada (YSC) is pleased to announce that the Ambassador Program will be returning for the 2022 Virtual Canada-Wide Science Fair.
We are now accepting applications. Please see below for the details. If you qualify, we look forward to your application. Otherwise, share the information to potential applicants.
The CWSF Ambassadors are former CWSF finalists who have graduated from secondary school and who will interact with students and delegates throughout the week via the virtual platform. Ambassadors have the opportunity to participate and help deliver Canada’s premiere youth science event.
The CWSF Ambassadors are members of the YSC CWSF Host Team (Team UV) – the staff and volunteers responsible for the planning and successful implementation of a professional, high-impact annual event.
The Ambassadors role & responsibilities during the week include:
- Participant interaction: Work with a team of up to 20 Finalists to help build community online. We want our Finalists to feel welcome and have the opportunity to meet other Finalists from across the country and you will be a big part of this. Participate in all online activities and encourage your team to do the same. Mentor and provide guidance throughout the week as Finalists navigate the platform and the event schedule.
- Project Zone: Visit the virtual project zone daily and interact with your team of Finalists as well as others. Answer any questions Finalists may have about the fair or the Project Zone.
- Virtual Content Support: Work with Team UV to develop content for CWSF videos and virtual content. Act as a session moderator or facilitator during the virtual sessions.
- Social Media: Support social media team in providing content, engaging with posts and encouraging Finalists to engage.
Ambassadors will be screened based on their application. Some shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview in January. Those candidates will be contacted by e-mail to inform them of the date and time to expect a call.
This event will be hosted virtually but there may be an opportunity for Team UV to work out of an office in Fredericton. If this is the case, all successful applicants will have any travel expenses related to CWSF covered by YSC.
Applicants for the ambassador positions must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be willing to travel to Fredericton, if travel permits, and are full vaccinated against COVID-19
- Be between the ages of 19-27 and a high school graduate
- Be available for the entire week of the Canada Wide Science Fair without conflicting commitments (May 15-May 20, 2022)
- Be flexible to attend bi-weekly meetings starting in February with the entire team. Please note: The Ambassador team members reside across the entire country so sometimes meetings for the East Coast are later in the evening and earlier in the evening on the West Coast.
- Be responsible, motivated and outgoing
- Ability to speak French and/or First Nations, Métis or Inuit languages an asset
To apply, please complete the application.
The deadline for applications is Monday, January 10, 11:59 PM EDT. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Feel free to send any questions or comments about the program or the selection procedure to:
Laurissa Christie, Ambassador Coordinator
We look forward to seeing and reading your applications!