The Cariboo-Mainline Regional Science Fair is open to school finalists from the following school districts (as well as any private schools within these district’s boundaries):
- Kamloops-Thompson School District #73
- Cariboo-Chilcotin School District #27
- Nicola-Similkameen School District #58
- Gold Trail School District #74
- Central Coast School District #49
Click here for a map of the Cariboo-Mainline region.
The 2024 Cariboo Mainline Regional Science Fair will be April 3 at the TRU gymnasium; the deadline to register students is March 8th.
- The top achieving projects (highest finishing 10 %) of from grade 5-12 students may participate.
- There are nearly $10,000 in cash prizes, awards, scholarships and opportunities available to our region; to view them visit here https://www.sciencefairs.ca/participate/bc-yukon-science-fairs/#awards. Awards are determined annually.
- Students may present their projects digitally through https://projectboard.world/ysc/ and / or on three-fold boards (paper-based). If you wish to be eligible for Canada-Wide Science Fair, you will need both components.
- A comprehensive toolkit of online supports for teachers and students to maximize their science fair experience is available at https://mystemspace.ca/
- There will be advanced judging in scheduled 30-minute time slots on the evening of April 2