Six Canada-Wide Science Fair alumni were among the 50 top students to receive the Schulich Leadership Scholarship– the largest Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) scholarship in Canada:
- Allison Guthrie – Red Deer, Alta. (CWSF 2019)
- Caleb Lammers – Thunder Bay, Ont. (CWSF 2017)
- Samuel Lefrançois – Bathurst, NB (CWSF 2017, 2019)
- Cyril Mani – Montréal-Ouest, Que. (CWSF 2019)
- Aidan Mundle – Napanee, Ont. (CWSF 2018)
- Marin Schultz – Lethbridge, Alta. (CWSF 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Founded by philanthropist Seymour Schulich and launched in 2012, the program is funded by The Schulich Foundation. Every year, high schools across Canada can submit one Schulich Leader Nominee based on academic excellence in STEM and entrepreneurial leadership.
The entrance scholarships are awarded to high school graduates enrolling in a STEM program at one of the foundation’s 20 partner universities across Canada. From the 50 scholarships, half are valued at $100,000 for engineering and the other half are valued at $80, 000 for science and math.
Congratulations to each alumnus!