Youth Science Canada (YSC) is pleased to announce that the Ambassador Program will be returning for the 2020 Canada-Wide Science Fair in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are now accepting applications. Please see below for details. If you qualify, we look forward to your application. Otherwise, please feel free to share the information with potential applicants.
CWSF Ambassadors are former CWSF finalists who have graduated from secondary school and who interact with finalists and delegates (chaperones) throughout the week. Ambassadors have the opportunity to help deliver Canada's premiere youth science event.
The CWSF Ambassadors are members of the YSC CWSF Team (Team UV) – the staff and volunteers responsible for the planning and successful implementation of a professional, high-impact annual event. A very limited number of positions are available.
The Ambassadors’ roles & responsibilities during the week include:
- Participant interaction: Welcome/greetings on arrival day, meet with finalists at events/activities throughout the week, encourage finalists to network with each other and enjoy the week, etc.
- Exhibit Hall: Help with project set-up/take-down, assist the Exhibit Hall Coordinator and support finalists during activity rotation.
- Finalist Support: Assist finalists throughout the week, and particularly on the judging days.
- Awards Ceremony: Assist with the Awards Ceremony and Farewell Festivities.
Ambassadors will be screened based on their application. Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted by email for a follow-up interview in early February. Successful applicants will be notified mid February.
All successful applicants will have their travel (within Canada) and CWSF registration costs (including accommodation and meals) covered.
Applicants for the ambassador positions must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be between the ages of 19-25 (as of May 9, 2020) and a high school graduate
- Be available for the entire week of the Canada-Wide Science Fair without conflicting commitments (Thursday, May 7, 2020 to Saturday, May 16, 2020)
- Be responsible, motivated and outgoing
- Ability to speak French is considered an asset
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- First Aid training is considered an asset
- Current criminal record check will be required (YSC will assist upon selection)
To apply, please click here.
Applications must be received by 4pm (EDT) on Monday, January 13th, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Feel free to send any questions or comments about the program or the selection process to:
Julia McDevitt, CWSF Fair Director at [email protected]