In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Canada-Wide Science Fair, the 2011 Host Committee is proud to introduce an exciting new program: the CWSF Ambassadors! The CWSF Ambassadors will be a group of previous CWSF participants who will act as the face of the fair to all finalists and delegates throughout the week.
During the week, the ambassadors will lead social activities, assist with judging support, and interact with finalists and delegates. We anticipate that the ambassadors will act as a source of inspiration to the current finalists, as examples of where they could be in a few years! If you are an outgoing, fun, and responsible CWSF alumnus between the ages of 18 and 27, we are looking for you!
Ambassadors will be screened based on their application and letter of reference, and invited for a phone interview in early March. The letter of reference should be from a teacher, mentor, regional science fair coordinator, professor or supervisor. Successful applicants will be notified by telephone after the interviews. Selected ambassadors will participate in the full Canada-Wide Science Fair (Seneca College, in Toronto, ON, May 13-20, 2011), with accommodations and food provided. To prepare for the CWSF, they must also attend a 2 day weekend training session in Toronto on April 30-May 1, 2011.
- Must be between the ages of 18-27 and a high school graduate
- Must be an alumnus/alumna of the Canada-Wide Science Fair
- Be responsible, motivated and outgoing
- Must be available for the entire week of the Canada Wide Science Fair (Friday, May 13th – Friday, May 20th)
- Must be able to attend a weekend training session in Toronto on April 30 and May 1, 2011
- Must be able to provide own travel to the CWSF. Food and accommodations will be provided to all successful applicants
- Ability to speak French, Mandarin and/or Spanish an asset
- Familiarity with Downtown Toronto an asset
- First-Aid training is an asset
To apply, please fill out the application form.
Please have a professor, teacher, science fair delegate, etc. send us a reference letter attesting to your leadership abilities. All reference letters must be submitted via e-mail to cwsf.ambassador[at]youthscience[dot]ca with the applicant's name in the subject line.
The deadline for applications and reference letters is Thursday, March 24, 2011, 11:59 PM. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Feel free to send any questions or comments to the ambassador selection committee at: