CWSF Summer Coordinator
PURPOSE: To assist program development, communication and public relations in support of Youth Science Canada programs.
· Execute a strategic plan for content partner development within the Canada-Wide Science Fair
· Assess resource needs to launch this new initiative
· Develop a festival event model for integration
· Create outreach & sales materials and begin the sales process
· Coordinate and execute external communications activities - including website copy, press releases, social media and print materials
· Liaise with contractors and suppliers as appropriate
· Write and/or edit internal communications - including e-newsletters, monthly bulletins, and blog posts
· Ensures that organizational communications meet established brand standards
· Tactical development of our social media presence
· Maintains a database of updated organization communications information
· Provides communication support to strengthen partner relationships and cultivate new opportunities
· Provides communications support to volunteers
· Participates on committees and work groups as required
· Operates within the philosophy, culture and values of Youth Science Canada
· Provide direct support to CWSF 2015
· All other duties as assigned
· Currently enrolled in a post secondary institution in a program with a focus on events, marketing and communications/public relations.
· Previous non-profit event experience is an asset.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Thrives in a collaborative, team-approach, achievement culture and fast-paced work environment
· Capable to work with staff, external agencies and donors with tact and diplomacy
· Ability to complete projects in a timely basis
· Computer proficiency (MS Office)
About Youth Science Canada
Youth Science Canada exists so Canadian youth are engaged through science in inquiry and critical thinking.
We are inspired by the potential of Canada’s youth to improve the world through science and we make programs and resources to help realize that potential.
For over 50 years, Youth Science Canada has been Canada's leading organization for the promotion of innovation and celebration of excellence in science, engineering and technology among our nation's youth.
Youth Science Canada provides or partners in programs to increase awareness and involvement of youth in science, engineering and technology, to engage, mentor and recognize Canada’s young scientists, to set standards for scientific experimentation by young people, to promote the creation and support of science and technology fairs, and to engage scientists, engineers, educators, parents and leading public and private sector organizations in the development of a national science, engineering and technology network of Canadian youth.
Youth Science Canada is best known for its showcase event, the annual Canada-Wide Science Fair (CWSF), which hosts the top 500 young scientists from across the country.
A national, registered charitable organization, Youth Science Canada relies on the largest volunteer network of its kind in Canada - more than 8,000 dedicated parents, teachers and scientists – and the generosity of our sponsors, donors and partners, who share our commitment to spark a passion for science among our nation’s youth.
Applying for a position:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in working with Youth Science Canada. Only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted