1.1 The National Judging Committee (NJC) is responsible for policy, direction and support of the judging process in the National Science Fairs Program, including Regional Science Fairs and the CWSF. Its primary purpose is to provide a framework that ensures integrity and consistency in the judging process at successive CWSF’s.
2.1 Membership of the National Judging Committee (NJC) consists of the following:
- YSC National Judge in Chief – Chair (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- YSC Deputy National Judge in Chief (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- NJC – NPAC Liaison (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- Executive Director YSC (ex-officio and non-voting).
- Others invited by the Chair, (e.g., Vice-Chair)(1 year position, may be re-appointed).
3.1 The NJC will meet in person at the CWSF, and by teleconference during the year as required.
4.1 The National Judging Committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Monitor Youth Science Canada policies and procedures relating to all aspects of judging, and make recommendations for change to the Executive Director.
- Mentor future CWSF Chief Judges - Recruitment.
- Support and improve the judging process at Regional Science Fairs.
- Maintain the National Judging Committee website.
- Report to the Executive Director