1.1 The Honourary Member for Life designation recognizes an individual whom the Board of Directors has unanimously determined to have contributed greatly to the development or promotion of the organization.
2 Designation Criteria
2.1 The Board of Directors may, from time to time, elect Honourary Members for Life - persons of distinction who are or who have been associated with Youth Science Canada that have made valuable contributions to the development and promotion of Youth Science Canada and a significant contribution to youth science in Canada.
3 Honourary Member for Life
3.1 The following rules govern consideration for the Award:
- The nominee must be considered to have been an outstanding leader in the area of youth science in Canada, contributing significantly to the attainment of the aims of Youth Science Canada, and is likely to have served as a national Youth Science Canada volunteer or employee (e.g., National Committee member, Board of Directors, staff or volunteer).
- A member of Youth Science Canada must submit the nomination.
- A person may not nominate himself or herself.
- No employed officer of Youth Science Canada may be a nominee during an active term of office.
- The Board of Directors has the right to forego a designation in a given year.
- Selection shall be made by a unanimous vote of Youth Science Canada Board of Directors.
- No more than two (2) Members for Life may be awarded in a given year.
4 Procedure for Nominations
4.1 The nominator is requested to submit the following information regarding the nominee:
- personal data
- career information, where relevant
- activities in Youth Science Canada or youth science region
- activities in other organizations
- membership and participation in other community, civic and service organizations
- other honours and recognitions conducive to the enhancement of Youth Science Canada and youth science in Canada
- a specific statement, not to exceed one typewritten page, as to why the nominator feels the nominee is an outstanding supporter of Youth Science Canada and youth science in Canada
5 Conditions of the Award
5.1 The recipient must continue to reflect the expectations of a member in good standing in Youth Science Canada.
5.2 The recipient shall pay no dues for their membership in Youth Science Canada.
5.3 The Honourary Member for Life designation enfolds all persons who had previously received the designation of Honourary Life Member.
Submit nominations in confidence to:
Chair, Board of Directors
Youth Science Canada
1550 Kingston Road, Suite 213
Pickering, ON L1V 1C3