National Judging Committee (NJC)
1.1 The National Judging Committee (NJC) is responsible for policy, monitoring and support of the judging process in the National Science Fairs Program, including Regional Science Fairs and the CWSF. Its primary purpose is to provide a framework that ensures integrity and consistency in the judging process at successive CWSF’s. The sub-committee supports the judging process both prior to and at the upcoming CWSF.
2.1 Membership of the National Judging Committee (NJC) consists of the following:
- National Judge-in-Chief – Chair (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- Deputy National Judge-in-Chief (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- NJC – NSFC Liaison (3 year position, may be re-appointed once).
- Executive Director YSC (ex-officio and non-voting).
- Others invited by the Chair, (e.g., Vice-Chair)(1 year position, may be re-appointed).
2.2 A sub-committee of NJC will be established on an annual basis. This committee will consist of:
- Members of NJC.
- Incoming CWSF Chief Judges.
- Past National Judge-in-Chief (1 year position, may be re-appointed).
- Others invited by the Chair (1 year position, may be re-appointed).
3.1 The NJC will meet in person at the CWSF, and by teleconference during the year as required.
3.2 The sub-committee will meet in person at the CWSF, and on a regular basis by teleconference during the year as required. Members of the sub-committee will attend the CWSF, arriving before judging takes place and assisting with preparations for judging. They will also attend the face-to-face meeting following the completion of judging at the CWSF.
4.1 The National Judging Committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Monitor Youth Science Canada policies and procedures relating to all aspects of judging, and make recommendations for change to the Executive Director.
- Mentor future CWSF Chief Judges.
- Support and improve the judging process at Regional Science Fairs.
- Maintain the National Judging Committee website.
- Maintain the National Science Fairs Program Judging Manual.
- Make an annual report to the Board of Directors.